Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invites Online Application Form for Recruitment examination of Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination (GEOL), 2016. The Online Registration close on 4th March 2016. A competitive examination for recruitment to the following posts will be held by UPSC commencing from the 13th May, 2016.
EXAMINATION NOTICE NO. 4/2016-GEOL
Category I: (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines)
Name of the Post
Geologist, Group A
121 (PWD – 25)
Geophysicist, Group A
56 (PWD – 05)
Chemist, Group A
29 (PWD – 04)
Category II : ( Posts in the Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources)
Name of the Post
Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A
Age Limit: (as on 01/01/2016)
- (a) For Geologist and Geophysicist and Chemist (Group 'A') -> 21 to 32 Years. i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1984 and not later than 1st January 1995.
- (b) For Junior Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) (Group 'A') -> 21 to 35 Years. i.e. he/she must have been born not later than 2nd January 1981 and not later than 1st January 1995.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- For Geologists Gr 'A' -> Master's degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geophysical Technology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956).
- For Geophysicists Gr 'A' -> M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in Ind ia or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- For Chemists Gr 'A' -> M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
- For Junior Hydrgeologists (Scientist B) Gr 'A' -> Master's degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; (OR) Master's degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University.
Application Fee: The Candidates are required to pay a fee of ₹ 200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit / Debit Card. Applicants who opt for "Pay by cash" mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. "Pay by cash" mode option will be de-activated at 23.59 hours of 03/03/2016. However, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-slip before it is de-activated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e. during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reason whatsoever, even if holding a valid Pay-in-slip, will have no other offline option but to opt for online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking Payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 23.59 hours of 04/03/2016. All Female Candidates and candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH category candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
Selection Process: Written Examination and Interview Test. UPSC GEOL Exam 2016 Date is 13/05/2016.
Exam Centres: (1) AHMEDABAD (2) ALLAHABAD (3) BANGALORE (4) BHOPAL (5) CHANDIGARH (6) CHENNAI (7) CUTTACK (8) DELHI (9) DISPUR (10) HYDERABAD (11) JAIPUR (12) JAMMU (13) KOLKATA
How to Apply: Eligible candidates are required to Apply Online through UPSC Online Portal up to 04/03/2016 till 11:59 PM. For enquiries contact Facilitation Counter located in the Commission's Office either in person or over phone Nos. 011-23381125/23385271/ 23098543.
Stay connected with www.indianaukari.com for latest updates